Thursday, September 26, 2024

Migrations from NC to Ohio and Indiana

 My research Winter/Spring 2024 culminated in the talk that I gave at the Hollingsworth gathering in Ohio about what I believed to be the migration path of the Quaker families from Bush River MM to the Miami river valley in the first decade of the 1800s.  

Joe sent me a link to a site this morning that has more information about these migration routes.  The one that he sent me actually went another direction.  It left Chatham County, NC and traveled up through Randolph County to Cane Creek MM in NC.  The quaker families that traveled via wagon train in 1815 took a different route than the one I described in June.  They traveled to Lost Creek MM in Jefferson Co TN.  

I didn't want to lose this link so I am posting it here:

https://freepages.rootsweb.com/~mygermanfamilies/family/Journey.html

This link connects to an actual diary and also other migrations.  

No comments: