Karen Morrison shared her books about her Roush family with me. She has four huge volumes that she bought at a reunion of the Roush family held this summer in Shenandoah Caverns. I took photos of some of the pages that dealt with the family in Germany before they moved to our shores before the Revolutionary war. It is possible that we could have a connection in the Middle Ages....and the information was interesting. I am putting the copies of the pages that I have photographed into a file on my computer. Genealogy Documents>Roush.
It is very interesting information. The beginnings of the surname perhaps as early as 1539 which seems to be the first indication that these farmers (Roush indicating "dig in the earth"). "In Middle Germany the surname seems to exist in many towns around Halle not far from the Harz Mountains. In other part of the country the name is rare"
No comments:
Post a Comment