Monday, January 18, 2021

Francis Gaines Hawkins

This weekend I did Vogue Live most of the weekend.  So my genealogy was limited.  I found myself doing easy "stuff".  And one of the most mindless, easy stuff in genealogy is to browse through the public trees.  So I concentrated on Francis Gaines Hawkins.  And this blog is where I am going to put my thoughts while I continue to do this.  

The first idea isn't really about Francis Gaines Hawkins.  I am cleaning a bit today and want to put the Forks of the Elkhorn Church book away.  On page 249 Ermina begins the small section about various Hawkins family members with this paragraph:  

Hawkins:  Thought there were many branches of the Hawkins Family in this section, space can be given to only a few of the most widely connected,.  The early records show Elisha, Reuben, Moses, Arculous, Thomas, and so many Williams that they were designated as "Black Head Billy", "red Head Billy", Cooper Billy", "green River Billy" and Post and Rail Billy".  And then the author goes on to explain various facts about many of these Hawkins men.  I may want to copy this information into this spot one day. 

No comments: