Sunday, March 20, 2022

DNA match to me on chromosome #1

I do not usually blog dna matches because of the privacy concerns.  However, last week I had such craziness that I want to document my matches.  I will not give kit numbers nor name names.  But I will offer clues that help me to remember what I was looking at. 

It started with an e-mail from gedmatch.  I get e-mails a lot and I almost always delete them from FTDNA, MyHeritage, GEDMATCH, Ancestry....telling me that I have a new match.  But when I click on them the person has no tree or for all sorts of reasons is not of interest.  But I wasn't very busy that morning and I thought,....what the heck....I'll take a quick look.  I read the directions and was able to find the new match.  I have written the kit number in my Beurhing autosomal folder. 

It was a very small match.  Less than 10cm on Chromosome #1.  It did not match mom...so it must be on Dad's side.



When I checked dna painter I had already identified the segment as having come to me from my 2-gr-grandfather Frederick Konig Dannenburg Beuhring,  It did not come from his wife as the match that I used to paint this segment comes from Fred's second wife while I descend from his first wife.  But much to my surprise, when I used the triangulation tool on gedmatch, I had 43 matches on the segment all over the world!  

And even more fun, I had one match with an woman in her 80s who lives in St Petersburg, Russia.  This is where our family folklore says that Frederick Konig Dannenberg Beurhing's mother's family were living before the move to New York before 1796.

No comments: