Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Washington DC

 I am in DC tonight on my way to Boston,  I am staying at the Lombardy Hotel.  I ate dinner in the dining room all by myself.  I ate late and the room had cleared out.  So the waiter felt he might entertain me a bit.  And he did.  My favorite two stories were the following.  After the fires in this area during the war of 1812.  President James Monroe moved out to this area which is foggy bottom,  He lived in the house that is next door to the hotel,  The hotel was not even a distant plan at the time.  So I went outside after dinner to take a photo of the house.


The photos above are taken from website and show my hotel....you can just barely see the house that James Monroe lived in just above the word:  outside.


Very fun!  The house that James Monroe lived in while president!




No comments: