Friday, January 19, 2024

John Slater

Last year while I was recovering from Knee replacement I chatted with a lady who is a dna match to me.  I can find her Ancestry identifier and e-mail address in my Reunion data base as descendant of Marion Slater who was the son of Daniel Chapman Slater.  Her name is Pam.  I am copying some of her information from her Ancestry tree this morning and looking at past correspondence.  And I found a huge phooey.  I had sent her this note:


 I do not know if I ever sent her the note nor do I know what I was looking at when I saw this marriage record.  Nor do I know if this John Slater would be our mutual ancestor or a false lead.  But I wanted to put this information somewhere.  And this would have been more than a 100 years before our John Slater was born c. 1799 in York, England.  Still it is possible that our John Slater was a Quaker when he left England for Pennsylvania.  

No comments: