Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bourne and Glass Connections in Owen County, Ky

Mike Glass sent me some information about three Bourne females who married three Glass males in Owen County, Kentucky.  I'll post some of that information from Mike on this Blog after I get some clarifications and get Mike's permission to share.  However, I want to go ahead and share one piece of information while it is still in my head.  Owen County was not formed until 1819 and even then it was not the same shape as today's Owen County.  I scanned a small part of a map from Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 by William Thorndale and William Dollarhide to share below:



As you can see, one could have lived in Scott, Franklin, Gallatin, or Pendleton from 1800 until 1820 and then die in Owen after 1820 without ever moving.  What made me look this up is that I was thumbing through my data base that I call Hawkins/Bourne trying to figure out where the Hawkins/Bourn tribes had lived. They seem to have been all over this area that encircles Lexington, Ky today.



No comments: