Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Jack's yDNA: Clark?

This past week, I had a bit of time to look at some DNA information.  Much to my surprise, I had missed the fact that Jack had a new 111 marker match!  This participant's surname is Clark.  And more exciting is the fact that his paper trail seems to connect him back to a Clark male in the 1700s.  So often these kinds of exciting new information end up connecting to an orphan or someone with no paper trail at all.  So I requested that Fay who is the administrator of the Clark yDNA project for FTDNA join Jack to the Clark project.  And the good luck of the New Year let me ask just as a new match to Jack had results that were just released.  And, oh WOW!, we are now a legitimate group in the Clark DNA project.

We are haplogroup R1b- Lineage 01 Water Oak.    The Water Oak title seems to be an arbitrary title assigned by the administrator.   So this morning I took a look at Jack's 11 closest matches at 67 markers and of those 5 carry surname Clark.  I plan to contact each of them and ask them to join the Clark project if they are not already members.  And begin to chat about their ancestry.  This may be a false lead, but it also might  a real step forward.  Only time and chipping away will tell!



No comments: