Saturday, May 5, 2018

Bath County, Virginia

Lynn asked me if I had a book in my library that had marriages in Bath County, Virginia 1791-1853.  I don't.  But her request had me looking on my computer to see what I DO know about Bath County, Virginia.  And what popped up was my Clendenin family.  My data base has the death of Archibald Clendenin Sr. as 1749 in Bath County, Virginia.  It took only a few minutes to see that I need to edit this information.  The reason the book begins in 1791 is that that is the year that Bath County was formed. Bath County was formed out of Greenbrier, Augusta,   hmmm....I need to add this tomorrow.  Almost certainly my Clendenin family was living on the Calfpasture river in either Greenbrier or Augusta.  Why do I know this?  Because I have the information from the store in which they bought rum....and also I have the information that Archibald Jr. had will probated in Augusta County.

I will edit this to make more sense.

No comments: