Monday, May 21, 2018

William Morrison

I want so much to do a blog post today about whether William who is the son of Patrick Morrison of Pittsylvania County (during the Revolution) and William who married Rachel Witcher are one and the same or if these are two separate men.  However, I have only 3 hours before I start my two week lymphedema treatment and that is not enough time....plus I need to some things around the house more than I need to do this....but here are some notes for two weeks from now:

Need to get permission from Ronald to use his time line.
Need to make sure there are no other Morrisons in the general area.
Need to look at Fold 3 for all of the William Morrisons who received Rev pensions.
Need to look at children of this couple.  This morning what is bothering me the most is the statement made by Patrick Henry Morrison of Cabell County that he and his ....hmmmm....I can not put my hands on this information....but it was something like came to Cabell County with his three brothers and one sister....and that sister would have been Viola....not Elizabeth.  I need to give this some thought.  Does this suggest that Elizabeth was not his sister....or does it just mean that Elizabeth and Solomon came at a different time?  Remember that Ed Griffith has given me information about proofs that at least a couple of the children are proven children of William and Rachel....I think one was death information .....I need to look to see if there is other proofs in Cabell for any of the other children.

No comments: