Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Quakers from the Revolution and into the first decade of the 1800s

It is the middle of the Corona Virus Pandemic and I am spending some time on my piles and files.  The big question is where to put things that I want to study so that I can find the information when I am working on a family line.  So I want to put some things into this blog post to help me find this information again.

The first is a 2010 publication from Friends Historical Society.  The first article has excellent end notes about Wrightsboro during the Revolution.  The Friends met at the home of John Moore.  I am not sure if this John Moore is likely to be the father-in-law of George McKinsey (his second wife's father) or if it is likely to be the son of Mordecai and brother to George's first wife.  I would like to study this article!

Second is a newsletter from the North Carolina Historical Society giving information taken from various sources about the migration of the Quaker families.

I am putting both in the antique lawyer's cabinet in my office in cubby labelled Quaker.

No comments: