Sunday, August 29, 2021

Death of George McKinsey in Warren County, Ohio

 Bruce Locken sent me a newspaper screen shot from the Lebanon Newspaper showing information provided by Patrick McKinsey about the estate of George McKinsey.  Patrick was the youngest child of George and I believe Patrick continued to live on the farm that he had grown up on with his father and his father's second wife, Mary Moore Lacy.  

This Newspaper information adds a puzzle to when we believe it likely that George died.  I wrote a blog post about where George is buried on my Warren County Homecoming blog:

https://quakerhomecomingwarrencountyohio.blogspot.com/2013/09/miami-meeting-house-cemetery-elizabeth.html

In this blog post I used information from a Quaker list of burials in the Hicksite cemetery at Miami Monthly Meeting which uses date of  9/7/1841for what I had believed to be burial date for George.  But this makes no sense as this newspaper article clearly has George having died before August 1840.  This is a puzzle that I can not solve at the moment....too busy at my house with Mary and her boys visiting,


Here is the URL for the blog post about where George McKinsey is buried:


No comments: