Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Haplogroup I

 I have been chatting with a small group of researchers who are Family Group #5 in the Hawkins yDNA project.  There group has done major upgrading of their yDNA results to the Big Y.  And they have shared their block tree with me.  I wanted to write back that I have found myself assuming that I Haplogroup (which their participants do have) is Viking related.  However, before I made such a statement, I thought I might look at the information on the internet to see if my assumption has any basis.

I have a Witcher participant for whom the Witcher research group threw in money to buy the Big Y when I approached them to find a YDNA participant for me.  And he is a part of the



It turns out that there Haplogroup is I2 instead and that is not considered Viking.



No comments: