Saturday, February 25, 2023

How does John Hensley fit into the Hensley tree?

 Don't ask me how I happened to look at my Hensley family this morning.  Sometimes my ancestors seem to speak to me?  I have totally convinced myself that John Hensley who married Milly and lived in Pittsylvania County, Virginia during the Revolutionary War had Foster paternity.  And when that happened, I quit looking at him and turned to other lines.  But this morning when I sat down at my computer, I pulled up the Ancestry tree of Suzanne Baird.  I know without a doubt that Suzanne is a fastidious researcher and has spent MANY hours on the Hensley family that I have always believed to be my family.  And there it was:  a new theory about my 5-gr-grandfather, John Hensley!

This is only a theory.  After I run it by Suzanne and Marty Grant I will either incorporate the new theory into my data base or I will totally erase this post from my blog when they shoot holes in it....such as Benjamin and Elizabeth Hensley had no female offspring.  Here is a screen shot from Suzanne's Ancestry tree:


What do you see?  That Benjamin Hensley and wife, Elizabeth Hickman have the last son, John almost 25 years after the birth of their first son, William.  It is not impossible.  But is it not a possibility that there were some daughters in the gaps between the men's births?  And that one of those daughters might have been born in the gap between 1727 and 1735?  And that it is daughter of John and Elizabeth who gave birth to John Hensley in 1751 after a relationship with a Foster male?  I have always known that the Hensley family and the Foster family were intertwined in Albemarle County.  Oh my, this would be the best of all scenarios as I would not have to give up my connection to the Hensley family.  

Ok, first I will run this by Marty and Suzanne to see if they can shoot holes in it before I spend more time on this thought.  

No comments: