Friday, April 17, 2020

Kate Schmitt Tulga

I found a photo in my grandmother's piles last night.  The photo is shown below along with the back of the photo.  My interpretation follows.



At first I tried to put Kate into the Wooten family as Sarah Jane Wooten Sammons' sister.  But After a bit of research on Ancestry and thinking, I feel certain that this is Kate Schmitt who would have been Maggie Schmitt Hornberger's sister.  Almost certainly the top writing is Emma Hornberger's ID of the photo.  I am guessing that when Aunt Emma died (Wildpat says she died in 1969....but I do not seem to have a death certificate for her) my Grandmother, Clara Hornberger Sammons, took the photos and memorabilia home with her from the home of Fred Hornberger where I believe Emma lived most of her life.  This photo would have orginally belonged to Maggie Schmitt Hornberger.

No comments: