Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Other Sammons/Wooten photos other than Henry Clay's family

The photo below was among the photos that I received from Susan Duncan that had been in the possession of Mae Sammons.  It is labelled Chapman Sammons (Chat).  From interpretation of the back of the photo, I believe Chapman Sammons to be the son of Bennett Sammons and his wife Rhoda Wooten.  Bennett would have been a half brother to Rowland (Bud) Salmons who married Lucinda Hensley.  And Rhoda would have been a sister to Silas Penix Wooten (father to Sarah Jane Wooten Sammons)  So clearly Chapman Sammons would have been an uncle to Sarah Jane and Henry Clay's family on both sides of the family....I am not taking the time to figure out great uncle/Uncle etc....

The first photo I made original size and it has to be manipulated in order to see faces clearly.  The second version I made smaller so that you can look at everyone at the same time.  If anyone has names to go with any of the faces, I would appreciate help identifying everyone.

(mosesm@earthlink.net)






The next photo is of Uncle Ben and Rhoda Wooten.  This would be Bennett Salmons and his wife Rhoda Wooten.












No comments: