Friday, November 22, 2013

Mueller and Miller

I descend from Jacob Mueller who founded Muellerstadt which later became Woodstock, Virginia.  A mention of a book came across a mail list the other day.  It was a Genealogy of the Carter family that could be read on-line.  Because there is a Carter in my ancestry in Louisa County, Virginia, I decided to take a quick look.

The descendants of Capt. Thomas Carter of "Barford," Lancaster County, Virginia : with genealogical notes of many of the allied families (1912)


The book is by Joseph Lyon Miller who was born in 1875.  

I did not find anything in my brief look about my own Carter family.  However, there were several  Pieces of information about my Miller family.  I suspect that the author also descended from my Jacob Mueller.

The first piece of information is on page 190:

https://archive.org/stream/descendantsofcap00byumill#page/190/mode/2up/search/190

There are a couple of the traditional stories about John Miller and there is also a portrait of Christian Miller of Woodstock on the facing page.

The search function is amazing!  I would like to spend more time searching through books on open library.org.

No comments: