Saturday, November 2, 2013

Alexander Hawkins of Orange County, Virginia

I pulled out a few books this evening.  The first one that I looked at is Marriages in Virginia Spotsylvania County, 1851-1900 and Orange County, 1851-1867 by Therese Fisher.

I looked at a marriage between Alexander Hawkins and Ann Hume.  I wanted to make a note to myself on this man, but I absolutely do not know where to make that note....so here it is:

Hawkins, Alexander s/o Nicholas and Betty Hawkins age 74 W Farmer POB Spotsylvania  POF Orange  and
Hume, Ann d/o Francis and Lucy Hume age 34 S POB and POR Orange, POM Orange, 27 May 1859.OMR (OMR stands for Orange County Minister's Return.

going by reported age and date of marriage, Alexander Hawkins was born c. 1783.  This makes this man somewhat older than my Thomas R. Hawkins but probably younger than Thomas' uncle Benjamin.

An Alexander Hawkins married Anna Scott 17 Oct 1807.  bondsman was George Scott and minister was Nathaniel Saunders.

No comments: